The military technique to fall asleep in 2 minutes.
This trick was developed by the military so that soldiers could rest on the battlefield and avoid errors related to fatigue.
Of course, this breathing technique will not knock you out immediately on the first try as if you were being anesthetized. It requires regular training so that your body begins to develop a powerful sedative reaction. But do not panic, even beginners can use this technique to reduce stress and fall asleep faster. The advantage of this technique is that it acts very fast. You only need 30 seconds to put it into practice.
How it works?
1. Relax all the muscles in your face: the tongue, jaw, and muscles around the eyes.2. Drop your shoulders as far as possible from your face, followed by the upper and lower parts of your arms, one side at a time.
3. Exhale, relax your chest, then your legs, starting from the thighs and moving towards your feet.
4. Finally, spend 10 seconds emptying your mind before thinking of any of the following three pictures:
- Lying in a canoe on a calm lake alone with the blue sky above you.
- Snuggle up in a black velvet hammock in a totally dark room.
- Say to yourself in mind "do not think, do not think, do not think" in a loop for 10 seconds.
Do you know?
- A human being spends an average of one-third of his life sleeping. During your life, you will spend about 25 years in the arms of Morpheus!
- People over 45 who sleep more than 10 hours a night are more likely to suffer from heart disease, stroke or diabetes than sleepers who sleep for 6 to 10 hours.
- The world record for the longest time spent without sleeping is 11 days.
- Who sleeps less eats more. Sleep-deprived adults consume, on average, 300 more calories per day than those who sleep enough.
- An experiment in 1998 revealed a rather strange thing: a strong light directed to a point behind the knees can reset the biological clock of the brain!
- Dolphins never really sleep completely: only half of their brain goes to sleep while the other stays awake. The two lobes alternate their activity so that in the end, the brain is rested!
- A snail can sleep for 3 years.
- Rabbits often sleep with their eyes open.
- You spend more calories sleeping than watching TV.