Here's how I use my favourite plugins on my phone.
But there is that one thing that we miss in many occasions and that is the possibility of adding the extensions, just as we can on our desktops and laptops.
Undoubtedly, the mobile version of Chrome is good enough, but no option of being able to use the extensions on mobile does make us quite uncomfortable at times, specially those who rely heavily on the extensions.
However, today I'll teach you how you can download and install the extensions on your mobile using any of the three browser apps.
Yandex BrowserDeveloped by the Russian search giant, it is based on the Chromium kernel.
This browser comes with a very simple yet interactive interface and provides fast browsing experience.
With its super data compression ability you'll experience faster loading of the web pages. It has already many users abroad.
And yes, its biggest feature which it offers, is the ability to use chrome extensions.
- Install Yandex browser from PlayStore, by clicking the below button
- When installed, open the app and go the chrome's web store, by clicking the below button
- Search for your favourite extensions, and click Add to Chrome
And that's it! You have your portable smart gadget, all setup with your favourite chrome extensions.
Kiwi BrowserThe 2nd recommendation is Kiwi Browser which now has gone open source.
It's interface design and operation logic are basically the same as Chrome, which i personally like myself.
It's ability to block advertisements, pop-ups, malware and cryptographers, is amazing.
Installing chrome's extensions on this, is also very easy.
- First install the Kiwi browser from the PlayStore, using the button below
Enjoying this article? Of So, then don't forget to follow Homies Hacks on social platforms (links in bottom) for keeping yourselves always up to date with all the latest tips & tricks.
- After installation, open the app and tap on the three vertical dots, which is at the top right hand side of the browser window.
- Tap on Extensions and switch ON the Developer mode
- Then from the same window, tap on the three horizontal lines, which will bring menu options
- Tap on Open Kiwi Web Store
Now you can install your favourite extensions from the chrome's web store.
FirefoxThe list would be incomplete, if I do not include this browser - right?
Firefox has been a long time player and is still widely used. It is very popular among people who wish to utilize tons of add-ons.
Installing Firefox add-ons is quite easy. Simply follow the steps below and in no time you'll be using your new extensions and themes.
- First install Firefox from PlayStore, by clicking the below button
- After installation, open the app and go to the menu, the three vertical dots that appear on the top right hand side of the Firefox window.
- Tap on the Add-ons from the menu list
- Tap on Browse Firefox Recommended Extensions
And off you go! Simply search and install your favourite add-ons.
So these were some ways that you can use your desktop browser's extensions on mobile.
Do you think you can add some more browsers? If so, then do share with us all in the comments below.