Increase your PC's RAM with a USB Drive
RAM not only addresses the overall stability of running processes, but also allows you to add extra power to play video games, watch movies in high resolution, and work with powerful programs.
Buying new RAM is not always possible, this is related to its high cost and not to forget those special occasions when there is a possibility of not having free slots.
But there is a way to increase your computer's RAM without adding more RAM to your computer. It's by using your USB drive as a RAM, yes you read it right, today I will teach you how you can use your USB drive as a virtual memory to increase the speed and performance of your computer system and the good news is that you won't be needing to download or install any type of software for this.
But before we proceed further I request you to kindly share your comments in the comment section below as it really gives me that positive energy that is needed in order to continuously share more tricks.
So without wasting any more time let's get in action.
Things you will need:
1. USB drive with a capacity of over 1GB.
Data transfer rate should be greater than 3.5 megabits per second.
2. A laptop or desktop with the operating system from Windows 7 to 10 (This trick may also work in Windows XP but I haven't tried it myself, so if you have Windows XP with you then you can check this and share your experience in the comments as this will help others. For Windows Vista systems however, this trick does not work.)
Steps to follow
1. First turn on your computer and plug in USB drive into the USB port, make sure you do not have any important data on it.
2. Open "My Computer" and then right click on the drive that you want to use as a RAM.
3. Click on "Properties" which is the last option from the dropdown menu that appears.
4. On the new window select the "ReadyBoost" tab and check "Use this device" checkbox.
5. Select or Enter the amount of space that you want to use for RAM.
6. Finally click on the "Apply" button then on the "OK" button.
Congratulations you have now successfully used your USB drive as a virtual memory for your computer.
I hope this trick helps you in improving the speed and performance of your computer. Don't forget to share this with your friends & help & surprise them with this amazing trick.