Adding UPI Payment Method To WhatsApp Is Really Very Easy!
The Facebook-owned WhatsApp has been constantly giving us new features and tricks; sometimes these are just small improvements, but sometimes the features do provide us with really great options.
Keeping up to its good old track history you'll be amazed to know that your favorite messaging app has now got permission to make UPI-based payments in India. So now users will be able to transfer money from WhatsApp easily, especially after knowing the fact that there will be no charge for money transfer service and that this service is supported by a huge list of banks.
How to set up the WhatsApp Payment option?
Well, it's as easy as it can get. To set up the payment option simply follow the below steps:
- make sure your WhatsApp is updated with the latest version from PlayStore
- open the app and tap on the 3-verticle dots on the top right-hand side
- tap on Payments & then Add payment method from the next screen
- choose your bank with which your WhatsApp mobile number is registered
- follow the OTP verification process and that's it, now you'll be able to send and receive payments via WhatsApp
How to Send Money via WhatsApp?
Sending money via WhatsApp is very easy, however, make sure that the other person to whom you want to send money via WhatsApp has already set up the WhatsApp payment feature on his end. When you are sure that he has set up the same, then simply follow the below steps:
- open the app and select the contact you want to send money to
- tap on the paperclip icon that appears in the WhatsApp message box
- select the Payment option
- enter the price amount that you want to send and hit the send button
- you'll be asked to enter your four-digit UPI PIN, enter the PIN, and tap to confirm the transaction
The whole process takes about 10 seconds or so and after the payment is complete you'll see a confirmation message.
This new WhatsApp feature will surely provide great competition to other UPI-based payment apps, as this gives WhatsApp users to avoid the hassle of having to jump on to other apps to send the money to others because with WhatsApp you can chat/call/video chat and send or accept money at the same time.