How to Access and Control your PC from Anywhere using your Android Smartphone. Easy and Quick Setup Process Explained.
Controlling Your PC from Mobile
The secret to making the best use of a smartphone is realizing all of the capabilities it has.
With a little creativity, you can resurrect even an old Android phone and give it a second life with a renewed purpose.
In today's tutorial, we'll see how you can use your smartphone to fully control your personal computer at home.
Sounds exciting? Well, why wouldn't it, after all, it doesn't sound less than a sci-fi movie story.
So How can you Control your PC from your Mobile?
Well for this you need to use the Remote Desktop plugin for the Chrome browser from Google.
Here are the steps:
- So from your PC open the Google Chrome browser and then go to https://remotedesktop.google.com/access/ and click the download arrow button.
- You'll then be navigated to Chrome's web store page on a new tab. Click on Add to Chrome button to install the Chrome Remote Desktop on your Chrome browser.
- Now go back to your original tab and you'll see you are asked to name your computer.
- Once you've given the name to your computer click the Next button.
- Now you'll be asked to create a PIN of at least six digits. This PIN is what you'll be required to access your computer remotely in addition to being signed into your Google account.
Now on your mobile download and launch the Chrome Remote Desktop app.
Here are the steps:
- [Install Chrome Desktop App ##android##]
- Select your remote computer, enter the PIN code, and start controlling your PC remotely.
How to Uninstall Chrome Remote Desktop
So you are well versed now on how you can control your computer remotely, but what if you ever decide to uninstall the Chrome Remote Desktop?
Well, you can do so by just following these simple steps:
- In the Google Chrome browser, go to the Services page - chrome://apps/.
- Right-click on the Chrome Remote desktop icon and select "Remove from Chrome."
- Alternatively, you can also right-click the extension icon to the right of the address bar and delete it.
- You can also go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and delete "Chrome Remote Desktop Host".
This will complete the uninstallation of the app.