What Does Google Search Console Do And What Are The Benefits Of This Search Console? And Is Google Console Free To Use?
Google Search Console
The Search Console from Google is the official means of communication with site owners. This Google Console is an important free tool for website owners as it allows you to easily track the performance of your website.
Formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools, it is one of the many tools that Google makes available to its users to help optimize their websites.
So if you're running a website for your personal use or for a client, you can't miss Google Search Console whose full feature set is available through a single registration, and is very helpful for both beginners and experienced Webmasters as it represents a practical aid for the optimization of websites.
What Are The Benefits Of Google Search Console?
After you register yourself on this Search Console of Google, you will find a bunch of useful information about your website's performance, problems, errors.
This Google Consol will also alert in particular to notable content duplications, search problems recorded by the Google bot, or weaknesses in the site's mobile implementation.
Moreover, you can also check your website's sitemap and existing structured data, along with an in-depth analysis of the important keywords for which your website is ranked in the results of Google's search engine.
Registered users also get email updates from time to time about their website's performance and also if Google Search Console detects any problem with the website or mobile application.
How To Register On Google Search Console?
Registering on the Search Console is very easy and all you need to have is your Google account which I am sure you already must-have. Then to register your website on the Google Console just follow these steps:
- Once you are signed in to your Google Search Console account, register your website by entering its URL to your Search Console account.
- Once your URL is submitted, Google will need to verify that you are the owner of the site's domain.
- To verify your ownership of your site, you have to copy and then paste a piece of code provided by Google into the source code of your website. This allows Google to effectively verify whether or not you own the site.
- The indexing of your site is not done immediately. Thus, you will have to wait a few hours before seeing data appear in the GSC(Google Search Console) dashboard.
- Unlike many free SEO tools, the website data that you'll be provided by Google's Search Console is not public and will therefore be very useful for you to get to know the insights of your website.
Google Search Console Various Functions
Google's Search Console will provide you with an extensive list of information that will allow you to monitor your website performance.
You'll find the list of these useful options on the left menu panel, some of the most interesting are:
- URL Inspection
- Security Measures and Manual Actions
In my next tutorial I will explain each of the options available on Google Console, so make sure to bookmark Homies Hacks, as you'll always find tremendously useful information here.
Go ahead and register your site on Google Search Console, once the authentication procedure is complete, you will benefit from all the essential information to improve your visibility, and it's completely free!